Professional caulking service in Granby
Granby is one of the many South Shore cities served by Calfeutrage Apex. Throughout the years, we have been sealing condominium buildings in Granby, as well as private homes, multiplex buildings and businesses. We provide free and extremely detailed quotes that are easy to read and understand, even if you are not familiar with quotes in the construction domain.
What is caulking?
Caulking is the application of a sealant to certain areas of a building structure to make joints or surfaces watertight and prevent air or water infiltration into the building envelope. Caulking will improve the longevity of any structure, because it protects it from damage and problems cause by cold, humidity, toxic fumes and insects.
Why does caulking have to be redone every few years?
Caulking can last for 15 years or longer (depending on the quality). However, most sealants will start to show first signs of detachment after 5-7 years.
Here are some reasons why the sealant may degrade and lose its effectiveness over the years:
- Sun, snow, winds, air pollution, extremely cold and hot temperatures will abuse the caulking joints and deteriorate them gradually until they detach, split or crack.
- Caulking that was applied poorly in the beginning has prematurely lost its durability due to weather elements. This can happen when an inexperienced individual applies faulty joints that are not unified and are full of bumps and air bubbles that prevent 100% adhesion with the surface or are applied directly over old and expired seals.
- Low-grade caulking products will not survive the constant movement of a structure. Many low-grade caulking materials contain solvents that evaporate over time and can contract and shrink. They can also degrade, change color and lose flexibility when exposed to UV rays.
Why it’s important to rely on specialists who use proven techniques, tools and sealants
A professional caulking contractor such as Calfeutrage Apex will remove the old sealants and clean the surfaces with the appropriate products that will promote the adhesion factor of the new installation.
Calfeutrage Apex uses commercial-grade silicone products that can last up to 30 years according to the manufacturer. Our professional caulking technicians are proud to use Adseal by Adfast which has the following advantages:
- It repels water
- It will not change color
- It will not fade
- It resists mold and all type of stains
- It maintains maximum flexibility through extreme weather conditions (-40°C to +232°C)
- Its finish is beautiful, smooth and unified when applied by a professional caulking expert.
- It has a faster drying time, reducing the risk of contaminants or other factors distorting the joint
Choose Calfeutrage Apex in Granby!
When you choose Calfeutrage Apex to caulk your building in Granby, you are choosing an experienced caulking contractor. We are committed to providing you the best service.
Avoid unpleasant surprises
We structure a detailed, well explained price offer and tailor it to your personal or business needs.
Deal with a certified company
We hold all necessary and mandatory certificates: RBQ LICENSE, CNESST coverage for our employees, insurance to protect our work and your property and APCQH MEMBERSHIP.
Guaranteed meticulous and rigorous work
We are a skilled, trained and experienced team that provides high-quality workmanship that follows all caulking stages as required by the construction industry and knows how to artistically form outstanding smooth sealing joints.
No cleaning up after us
Your property will remain clean at the end of the project. Our technicians make sure that no traces or pieces of old sealant are left behind.
You won’t be treated like a number
Rest assured that we provide you with a personal customer service throughout the entire course of our service relationship with you.
Peace of mind for 10 years
Unlike some of our competition, we do not use the services of subcontractors. When you choose Calfeutrage Apex, you get our in-house professionals and OUR respected 10 year limited warranty!